Sunday, May 27, 2012

It Fits!

It Fits!
Worked all day in the 95 degree heat to clean out and rearrange the garage (with Amy's help) and was able to fit the Belair in...just barely.  There is enough room to squeeze around the front of the car with the garage door closed so I will take it.  Plenty of room between the car and the workbench.  My (early) Father's day gift from Amy was a creeper to save my back and a couple of jack stands that are better quality than the stands I already have.  Safety first.
Here is a picture of my dad from the trip to pick up the car, the pictures from the advertisement - consider them "before" pictures, and a couple of what it should look like in a couple of years when it is finished.
Dad looks at least as happy as I felt.




283cu 4 barrel - Not the original but a reproduction.
I have the original oil bath air filter but the previous
 owner told me that the hood will not close if you try
to put it on.  I will test this tomorrow but have no
reason not to believe him. He sold me two original
carburetors; one with manual choke and one with
automatic choke.  He also included a rebuild kit so I may
give that a try.  


Original carbs and the rebuild kit.

Original interior - black and blue.

Notice the cigarette ash tray on the back of the front seat.  Needless to say, there will be no smoking in the restored car.  

The steering wheel and dash were original "Larkspur" blue.
 It is a baby blue or powder blue color (see pics below). 

You can see the original color peaking through the chips
on the wheel.

Check out the original color where the kick panel is missing.



The headliner will be replaced after painting.

  And now....the vision.









Next task - drain & save the oil, remove filter and adapter plate, replace gasket, reassemble and test for oil leak.

No comments:

Post a Comment